Exciting Hakone – One Day Tour from Tokyo
Culture、History & Architecture、Nature
Hakone is one of the best sightseeing spots with beautiful sceneries and 20 kinds of hot springs.
Take a Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Tokyo. After that, a mountain train that runs through valleys, a ropeway that allows you to view beautiful Mr. Fuji on a sunny day and cruising at Lake Ashi.
Owakudani is the place where you can see the real volcanic activity.
The basic itinerary is as follows,
8:30 Meet at your Hotel and move to Tokyo or Shinagawa by train.
9:26 Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Tokyo or Shinagawa to Odawara.
It runs at a speed of about 260km/hr, but please be noted that this is not the fastest Shinkansen.
10:13 Train from Odawara to Hakone Yumoto.
10:30 Mountain train from Hakone Yumoto to Gora for about 40 minutes.
This mountain train runs through valleys. From the middle of June to the Middle of July, hydrangeas along the line are so beautiful.
- Cable car and ropeway from Gora to Owakudani for about 20 minutes.
From this ropeway, you can enjoy beautiful Mt. Fuji on a sunny day.
- Strolling Owakudani for about one hour.
One of the Mt. Fuji viewing spots in Hakone, and you can see the real volcanic activity. A black egg boiled in the hot spring is famous here
- Ropeway from Owakudani to Lake Ashi for about 20 minutes.
- Cruising at Lake Ashi for about 30 minutes.
You can enjoy beautiful combination of Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi.
16:30 Bus from Lake Ashi to Odawara.
17:42 Shinkansen (a bullet train) from Odawara to Tokyo or Shinagawa.
18:16 Arrive at Tokyo or Shinagawa and move back to your hotel.
The above is the basic itinerary and you can select one more activity from the list below.
- Dropping by souvenir shops and take a hot spring at Hakone Yumoto. But you have to be naked to take a hot spring bath. (Admission fee for a hot spring bath : 1,000 – 1,500JPY/person)
- Fujiya hotel. A historical hotel opened in 1878.
- Hakone Open-Air Museum with many unique sculptures, Picasso Gallery and hot spring footbath. (Admission fee : 1,600JPY/person)
- Gora Park. European garden and Japanese garden. (Admission free if you have Hakone Free Pass)
- Hakone Historical Checking Station and Hakone Shrine. (Admission fee : 500JPY/person)
- Narukawa Art Museum. You can appreciate fine Japanese paintings. (Admission fee : 1,300JPY/person)
Transportation Cost (you and the guide) 2-way discount ticket for Shinkansen : 4720JPY/Person
Hakone free pass : 4600 JPY/Person
Lunch (you and the guide)
Admission Fee (you and the guide)
|待ち合わせ場所||At your hotel in Tokyo|
|解散場所||At your hotel in Tokyo|
|価格||￥ 30000 グループ計（税別）|
- According to the weather records of Fuji city, the possibility of viewing Mt Fuji depends on the season, about 80% in winter while less than 30% in summer.
- The ropeway and cruising at Lake Ashi will either be suspended or unable to operate as scheduled because natural hazards such as snow or strong winds are forecast.